Thursday, April 24, 2008

Deserving

As jobless as I am, I was flipping between channels when I came across a movie, I used to think of as one of those overtly Indian dreamy love stories that only take place on Jupiter.

Tum Bin

I believe the movie did not receive the attention it deserved due to the lead roles being newcomers. But film fanatics think otherwise because Tum Bin was nominated for 6 awards in 2001.
Shekhar, a businessman, accidentally kills his associate Amar, and ridden with guilt, decides to watch over Amar's company and take care of his family and friends. However, he falls in love with Amar's ex fiancée Piya - who is to marry tycoon Abhi Gyan to save the company...

The movie dictates how different phases in a person's life can not only affect them, but the people related to them too. It strongly teaches about how doing the right things work for you. And how the heart and the mind, both should be used in the matters of family and career.

Tag line? Love will find a way

2 comments:

Ordinary Girl said...

Oh my God! How did I miss this entry? Tum Bin is one of my favorite movies...so sweet...and all the new comers were great! Especially, I love Shehkar and his deep baritone voice! :)

Madiha said...

I saved the idea before publishing it, and worked on it later... which explains the missing entry =)
Tum Bin made me differentiate between romantic and real love. I'm sure it did the same for you too. Maybe that is what makes it stand out. Bonus points for the album!
Question: Did the Fiance call?